AASM members share expertise and insight with national and online news media
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Friday, March 17, 2017
Recent news coverage of sleep-related topics has included the expertise and insight of AASM members who have helped raise awareness of the importance of healthy sleep:
- AASM President Dr. Ronald Chervin wrote about Insomnia Awareness Day in a blog post for the Huffington Post.
- Jeffrey Ellenbogen, MD, wrote about the importance of the circadian system in a New York Times letter to the editor.
- Shalini Paruthi, MD, and Sudha Tallavajhula, MD, discussed pillow selection with Women’s Health.
- Cathy Goldstein, MD, initiated a sleep challenge at the University of Michigan.
- Mark Pressman, PhD, discussed with the New York Post how sleep apnea may be used as a legal defense.
- Lisa Medalie, PsyD, and Bharati Prasad, MD, discussed the importance of sleep quality with the Chicago Sun-Times.
- A column in the San Diego Union-Tribune explained how the middle-school son of Cheryl Spinweber, PhD, was inspired to study sleep and school start times.
- Saul Rothenberg, PhD, and Robert Oexman, DO, offered tips for adjusting to daylight saving time to HealthDay.
- Nidal Alkurdy, MD, discussed the health impact of sleep disorders with the Mankato Free Press.
Would you like tips on how you can build relationships with local news media? Download the free AASM Media Relations Toolkit for helpful resources.