Pediatric Sleep Specialist
Carolinas HealthCare System
Carolinas HealthCare System is seeking a Pediatric Sleep Specialist to function both as the medical director for Pediatric Sleep Medicine and the practicing physician for Pediatric Specialty Care.
Our ideal candidate will provide physician leadership in developing a Pediatric Sleep Program at Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) and caring for pediatric sleep patients within the metro Charlotte area. In addition, oversite and growth of the Pediatric Sleep Testing program will occur in concert with the Medical Direct of CHS Sleep Medicine.
Clinical Quality and Performance Excellence
- Reports to the Senior Medical Director of the Pediatric Specialty Care Division of the CHS Medical Group, with accountability to Carolinas Sleep Medicine s for strategic and quality efforts related to Pediatric sleep medicine and related areas
- Board-Certified in Sleep Medicine through the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
Goal Setting and Program Development
- Understands, supports and communicates the overall mission of CHS and the CHS Medical Group
- Assists in clinical and financial program development including evaluation and review of outcomes.
- Works within the CHS Medical Group and CHS Sleep Medicine to develop and deploy any market growth initiatives.
- Assists with development of Integrated Sleep Program that utilizes resources within CHS to meet long-term needs of our patients and customers, including those related to education, technology, human resources, and innovation/research.
Physician Recruitment and Development
- Participates in the general physician orientation program.
- Participates in individual physician recruiting on the front end of the recruiting process in introducing the candidates to the network.
- Serves as a new physician/provider mentor, completes a 6 month new physician/provider review.
Advanced Clinical Practitioner Recruiting & Development
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the CHS Medical Group approach and relationship with Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACPs).
- Fosters the development of expertise of Advanced Clinical Practitioners in the management of Pediatric sleep disorders, including providing direct supervision when needed.
- Participates in all necessary Pediatric Specialty and Sleep Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Models CHS values and leads by example to improve physician/provider relations within the region and practice.
- Works with physician colleagues across CHS to improve understanding of Pediatric Sleep Disorders and its overall impact on patient care and outcomes.
- Assists with lectures and didactics for medical students, residents, advanced clinical practitioners, and other interested entities as related to sleep education.
Board-Certified in Sleep Medicine though the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
For more information about this opportunity or to submit a CV for confidential consideration, please contact:
Carolinas HealthCare System