PHYSICIAN (PER DIEM)
SUMMARY: The Attending Physician provides clinical and medical care to patients in conjunction with the Director and Medical Director, and contributes to the research and teaching operations of Clinilabs, Inc. The Attending Physician supports patient care through the delivery of direct clinical services, and through the supervision of physicians, psychologists, trainees and other laboratory personnel who provide direct service to patients. The Attending Physician abides by clinical and laboratory procedures and protocols in support of maintaining Quality Assurance standards. The Attending Physician contributes to research by providing medical coverage for study subjects, and assumes other duties as instructed by the Director.
Immediate Supervisor: Co-Director, Clinilabs, Inc.
Medical Director, Clinilabs, Inc.
Supervision Exercised: Rotating Pulmonary Fellows, Residents, Student Externs, Laboratory Supervisors, Technical Staff
Interrelationships: Senior Attending Staff, Hospital Center Physicians, Residents, Fellows, Clerical and Office Staff, Research Coordinators
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Attending Physician of Clinilabs must possess an M.D. degree, significant experience in sleep medicine and must be board eligible by the American Board of Sleep Medicine. He/She must possess the clinical skills commensurate with those of a sleep specialist, a proven track record of clinical and teaching ability and a career orientation that serves the missions of Clinilabs, Inc. The Attending Physician must be licensed to practice in his/her primary specialty in the State of New York.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The specific duties of the Attending Physician include but are not limited to:
- Execution of the clinical, research and teaching missions of Clinilabs
- Delivery of direct service to research subjects
- On 24-hour “last call” during the hours of office/laboratory operation
- Maintenance of Quality Assurance standards for clinical care consistent with those of the Director of Clinilabs, Inc. and the Hospital Center
- Direct supervision of Fellows, Residents and Laboratory Supervisors
- Interpretation of polysomnograms and related physician’s reports
- Implementation of Case Conference