Northeast Medical Group
Per Diem, Nights (As Needed)
Northeast Medical Group healthcare professionals enjoy a variety of employment benefits and competitive pay while working in a challenging, collaborative and rewarding environment. Due to our continued growth to serve our community’s needs, we are seeking a Polysomnographic Technologist.
Under the direction of the supervisor, the Polysomnographic Technologist prepares patients, conducts overnight physiologic studies-polysomnograms (PSG), initiates and maintains Home Testing equipment, collects vital signs and other pertinent information - ensuring proper interpretation by the physician/polysomnographer, in accordance with established policies and procedures as assigned. The Polysomnographic Technologist maintains vigilance in a non-stimulating environment and knows when to consult the supervising physician regarding the patient status.
- High School graduate or equivalent and completed or enrolled in an AASM (American Academy of Sleep Medicine) approved program.
- A minimum of three (3) years in Health Care related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous education in allied health or life science is helpful in assimilating the normal and abnormal physiology, as well as in working with the sophisticated equipment used during the polysomnogram.
- Must be RPSGT or RRT credentialed with sleep experience.
- Must obtain 10 continuing education credits per year of AMA PRA Category 1 CME or CEC sleep-related educational activities.
- Familiar with standard procedural protocols including NPSG, CPAP, BiPAP, ASV, MSLT, MWT, and home sleep study.
- Attention to detail is critical since the quality of data from the PSG is solely the responsibility of the technologist.
To learn more and apply online, please visit: https://www.ynhhs.org/careers and search for Job ID # 4395.
About Northeast Medical Group:
Northeast Medical Group is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS). Each of our physicians is focused on providing excellent medical care that is compassionate and sensitive to each patient's needs. NEMG is composed of over 130 community-based practices spanning from Westchester County, New York, to Gales Ferry, CT. In addition, NEMG includes hospital-based employees at Bridgeport Hospital, Greenwich Hospital, Yale New Haven, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital and Westerly Hospital.