Carle Neuroscience Institute (CNI) is seeking a BC/BE colleague with Neurology and Sleep Medicine training to join our group at our main campus in Urbana, Illinois. Carle Physician Group is locally owned and physician led. Our physician group is part of a not-for-profit integrated network of healthcare services that includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 393-bed facility, designated Primary Stroke Center, and Level I Trauma Center.
Practice opportunity details include:
- Ideal candidate will be BC/BE in Neurology and Sleep Medicine
- 25% Sleep Medicine initially with option to increase to 50%
- Comprehensive Sleep Disorders Center with 2 board-certified sleep physicians and 9 advanced practice providers
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited Sleep Disorder Center; Center includes main campus and 3 regional sites
- Sleep Disorders Center supported by Psychology for Behavioral Sleep Therapy and an associated DME
- Monthly sleep conference with CME credit
- Collaboration with the University of Illinois Beckman Institute for a variety of neuroscience translational research programs, if desired
- Carle and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are partnering to establish the nation’s first college of medicine focused, from the beginning, on the intersection of engineering and medicine?
- Integrated neurosciences care with strong physician-centered management
- CNI services comprised of General Neurology, Behavioral Neurology, Epileptology (new EMU), NeuroOphthalmology, Neurovascular, Sleep Medicine, and Pain Medicine; Pediatric Neurology specialists also on site
- CNI has 9 Adult Neurologists, 6 Neurosurgeons, and 3 Neuropsychologists
- As a Primary Stroke Center, CNI provides comprehensive services including Vascular Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, and Neurointerventional services
- Single hospital adjacent to clinic practice; strong hospitalist and critical care support
- Participate in General Neurology call
- Opportunity for program leadership and development
- Leading-edge technology, including EPIC EMR, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, fMRI starting 2017
- Recipient of Healthgrades Neurosciences Excellence Award™ (2016)
- Named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award™ by Healthgrades (2014-2016)
- Recipient of Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award™ (2011-2013)
In Champaign-Urbana, academia intersects culture and community. Home to the University of Illinois, the area offers museums, galleries and college happenings, including Big Ten sporting events. Residents enjoy surrounding parks and forest preserves by day and local wineries, eclectic restaurants and historic theaters for nighttime entertainment.
Champaign-Urbana provides an ideal environment to raise a family, with a progressive public school system and more than 80 neighborhoods. Carle is centrally located two hours from Chicago and Indianapolis and three hours from St. Louis.
Please visit www.carleconnect.com for more details about this position.