About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Sleep Tech Registered
Job Title Sleep Tech RegisteredReq 24753Department Sleep ClinicDate posted 01/05/2017City KirklandState WACountry USShift NightHours vary per weekSalary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
Conducts sleep studies independently, provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders by means of acquiring and scoring polysomnograms, diagnostic and therapeutic services, and patient care and education according to Sleep Disorder Center (SDC) and organizational policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician and laboratory protocols.
2. Greets and introduces patients to the SDC's core facilities and their accommodations.
3. Completes and verifies patient and recording documentation.
4. Explains pre-testing, testing, and post-testing procedures to the patient.
5. Prepares and calibrates equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments if necessary.
6. Applies electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
7. Performs appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments if necessary.
8. Performs positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Must understand, utilize, maintain, and troubleshoot PSG instruments and software, related peripherals, durable medical equipment (DME), and EEG systems.
• Working effectively with co-workers, patients, physicians and functions as part of a team while working efficiently amidst ongoing distractions with attention to detail and accuracy. Requires ability to reason and think logically to solve problems, as well as respond calmly in emergency situations.
• Ability to measure patient's height, weight, temperature, and blood pressure.
• Skilled in first response to cardiovascular distress, seizures, and psychological distress.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as a Registered Polysomnographic Tech or equivalent
• 1 year of sleep program experience with Experience in scoring sleep studies
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire