This 25-minute DVD defines strategies sleep medicine clinicians and technologists can incorporate into daily practice to best serve pediatric patients. Areas addressed in the DVD include several core philosophies and more:
- The sleep study from the child's point of view.
- Different approaches to use during preparation to encourage the child's cooperation and ease anxiety.
- Age- and developmentally-appropriate explanations to use when explaining the sleep study and its purpose.
- Creative approaches to build the child's sense of empowerment.
- Suggestions on staging for your center that will help increase the comfort level of you pediatric patients.
- Tips for involving parents as allies in the preparation and follow-up stages.
Pediatrics and Sleep: Making Sleep Studies Friendly is an indispensable resource for your technologists and staff, and will help improve the care your center provides to pediatric patients.
©2006 American Academy of Sleep Medicine