The International Collaboration of Sleep Apnea Cardiovascular Trialists (INCOSACT) Steering Committee is pleased to announce the opening of a web portal (www.incosact.org) to promote international collaboration in designing, conducting and analyzing clinical trials of sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease (CVD). Collaboration is intended to promote the collection of evidence needed to inform the global community on the role of sleep apnea interventions to reduce CVD morbidity and mortality and to promote international co-operation in this area of investigation.
Specific aims are to promote:
- Sharing of relevant resources to promote high quality clinical trial data collection and future harmonization and sharing of data - e.g., questionnaires; procedure manuals etc.
- Sharing of expertise in strategies to improve the design of clinical trials, such as approaches for enhancing treatment adherence, addressing equipoise, selecting appropriate control conditions
- Planning for later meta-analyses
- Publicizing of clinical trials
- Dissemination of information on methods and outcomes to the general scientific community
Investigators interested in conducting or currently conducting randomized controlled clinical trials of treatment for sleep apnea with adjudicated cardiovascular outcomes are invited to join INCOSACT (see the web site). We currently have posted protocols and data collection instruments from several trials and invite others to do so too to enhance our collaborative community.
Doug McEvoy and Susan Redline, Co-Chairs, INCOSACT Steering Committee